I can actually cross-out a handful already as I have already achieved them after 2 1/2 months of this year.
I am sharing to you now the 17 Things That I am planning to try this year, based on the article 17 Things To Actually Try This Year (Instead Of Just Talking About Them) by Brianna West:
I always air-out my honest opinions, thoughts, reactions, suggestions to those who asked me for them and those who needed it the most. But since the year had started, I've been giving them out more often than not. Also, I started to open up more about myself to some more people within my circle but I guess I should just select a handful of them for privacy sake.
|New Hair Color baby!|
I had plans to have a hair make-over last February [during my birthday week] but since I was in a trip it didn't push-through. I was about to dump the idea then suddenly I had this urge to have a hair color. I was just trolling Okaasan about it but then, after one visit to the salon, I got a new hair color! Say hello to my Burgundy hair.
3. Get in a car and drive until you’re lost. Explore there.
Sad but I actually don't have a car. My family has one but it's not in a good condition for long road trips. I've been wishing to do it ever since! Once I have a car, I'll definitely do this.
4. Buy something from a store you always gawk at online. The balance to strike is finding something that is simultaneously of good quality but uniquely fits you and your lifestyle as well. Save up for it if you need to, but work toward that goal – reaching it will be unbelievably sweet.
I guess this is applicable to my cosplay finds, be it brand-new or second-hand. I'm trying to control my spending as much as possible to save for some items to be used in my future plans. But for now, this will be included in the list.
5. Re-visit all of your old favorite places: the restaurant you used to have lunch in every day, the playground near where you grew up. Your old office, your college campus. They’re just as important as discovering your uncharted grounds.
I posted in my Facebook account weeks ago that I dreamed about my Alma Mater, and that I am planning to visit it soon. And yes, I will do it soon!
6. Return to the places that have affected you most, for better and for worse. Neutralize the energy there. Realize the difference between who you once were and the person who is sitting there now. Realize that what happened has no hold on you in actuality, just in mentality.
I have to list down first the places that I want to return to, be it the eatery that I frequently went to back in high school, or the mall in front of my brothers' college, or even visit those that I know back then. It just takes a matter of time.
7. Do a ceremonial bonfire where you write down all the things you want to let go of from the past year on pieces of paper, say them out loud, and then throw them in. See it as the beginning of a renewed effort to move on.
I will do it in an open ground, maybe in our Bulacan house, sometime in Summer.
8. Create a sacred space of your own. It could be your bedroom as a whole, in a space set aside to meditate, on a board of photos of the people you love and the things you want, whatever. It’s as simple as putting some flowers and favorite photos or pieces of art in your cubicle. Externalize what’s internally important to you, even just representationally.
My sacred space is my bedroom itself! Hahaha I will have to fix it again and be it my haven, full of my stuff.
I started re-reading The Brethren by John Grisham days ago. I love his works yet I just didn't able to finish it the last time I read it so I picked it up again and so far, I am enjoying!
10. If you meet someone and start to develop feelings for them, don’t play the game you know all too well: just ask them out. Be direct, be forthcoming, be real. It may result in a broken heart, but it’s better now then more of your life wasted wondering about “what ifs” to eventually have to come to terms with a much harder truth.
So far I haven't done this. Maybe I just haven't met someone and sees him in those ways.
|Due to security sake, I have to get rid of my details|
YES! This is my most favorite item, not because it's about travelling but because this is the thing that I've been waiting for for years. Finally, I will be travelling, with my family, to the Land of the Rising Sun this April. FOR TWO WEEKS! I still cannot believe that this is really happening soon.
Last week, Okaasan and I applied and submitted the documents for the Japan Visa. Last Friday, we received a message saying that our passports are ready for pick-up already. Sunday night, as nervous as I am, I claimed them, with prayers of having an approved visa. Upon releasing, I saw them, the pink-white machine-generated visas with Sakura on the sides and Mt. Fuji in the background. This is it! ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐
This morning, after the hospital appointment, we hurriedly went to a travel agency in Taguig to buy our JR Passes that will be exchanged for the passes for the shinkansen. It's so costly but the friendly attendant told us that it'll be worth-it, everything will be. And yes, I am firmly believing and vouching for it. (((o(*ﾟ▽ﾟ*)o)))
12. Apply for the job you always talk about wanting to have “someday.” Or at minimum, apply for a job that will get you on the ladder to getting there.
I attended a career talk about Cost Engineering weeks ago and it enticed me to suddenly apply for the job. However, I was told that there's still no vacancy for the position. I will apply once there will be one.
13. Re-purpose your clothing and make it true to whatever your style is now. There’s nothing quite like genuine vintage, and style is only as great as your ability to import personality into it is.
I am assessing what kind of style should I have and in the process of rechecking my wardrobe every now and then for a makeover. I might not finish doing it now but I still got 9 more months to finish it. It just takes a matter of time and money.
Deleting my SNSs won't do it actually, but limiting it will do. I started to tone down my FB surfing hours [especially while in the office] and opted to stay on Twitter more since I can read news and informaiton faster in Twitter than in Facebook.
I can actually cross this one out since I've been doing it ever since I was small. This is nothing new to me, seriously.
16. Get tickets to see your favorite band play live. Getting lost in the music and the atmosphere is unlike anything else you’ll ever experience again.
I have to wait for Girl's Generation and/or ONE OK ROCK to come to The Philippines first before crossing this out.
Just kidding! I do love some local acts too. I just don't have any favorites among them, unlike before. I guess I just have to check out first the gigs of the local bands and choose one that I like the most.
But getting lost to the power of music is so easy to me! I just have to play something from my set of songs then viola, I'm in my own world already. Hehehe 〜(￣▽￣〜)
17. Decide who you want to be and become it. Not in an overly-optimistic but ultimately unrealistic sense — take baby steps. Change begins with the decision to do so. Learn to live a little more and fear a little less. Watch what unfolds as you do.
Almost three years ago, I planned and wanted to fully become a cosplayer and I did achieve it. Two years ago, I decided to quit my review school and end my contract to my previous employer then wait for an opportunity as it comes. Then came the offer to my still current employer. A year ago, I told myself I'll be starting to travel more, with family and/or friends, to any part of the country or better yet, outside of the country and it did come true.
This year, I am claiming that 2014 is my year and I claimed it as early as December 2013. I decided to somehow embrace the little changes that kept on bugging me for years, openly enjoy the company of others, be it with same sex or not, and just go with the flow of life.
This year, my year, has just begun. I still can do so many things within 9 months. And there's no way that I'll be spending my year effortlessly. Cheers to 2014! ☆*･゜ﾟ･*\(^O^)/*･゜ﾟ･*☆
I have to add that I should really, really, get back to shape, be it in my blogging duties [as if there's someone reading my posts earnestly] or in my physique. I really, really, REALLY have to!